Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

PBJ&Bananas


Now I know what you are thinking; what is that beautiful thing?! Well let me tell you it is my take on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with bananas. The only difference is the toasted English muffin. "You must love English muffins!" Yes, yes I do. They have the greatest texture, and if I'm gonna give into carbs I might as well eat some interesting variations. It's a great breakfast option giving you the energy and the full stomach to sustain you til lunchtime.

So to make this it's quite simple. All you need is:
Peanut Butter
1 Banana 
about 2 tbs of Fruit Preserves (I used strawberry, yum!)
and 1 split English muffin

Now as simple as this seems there are still some ways that you can make this healthier than usual. I buy a good quality, lower sugar fruit preserve. You want to know where your fruit came from before you eat it and buying organic fruits insures that you are not eating foods with preservatives and hefty amounts of pesticides. Also buy a better quality peanut butter with lower fat and additives. 
You might be thinking how do I buy these things on my college student budget? Well it's simple. Take time to read the ingredients and labels of the products, compare prices and compare price to quantity ratio. This will ensure that your getting enough bang for your buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment